Saturday, October 18, 2008

Get-away to Mysore

I would say i was desparate to go to Mysore to watch the Dassera celebrations. I had heard a lot of the festive season around Mysore during the Dessera festival. I am not new to Mysore, i used to frequent the place during my school days. It was practice to go to my relative's house in mysore to spend the summer holidays. WoW!!!! those were the days i still cherish but again they are memories now.



I had actually planned to visit Mysore on the first weekend after the festival started and was prepared for it, few of my friends could not make it up and were busy with other things and i had to drop the plans. I don't why at times i don't feel like going out without my close pals.



Daseera was to end on Thursday and i was eager to find out if there would be any charm left for the weekend . I very much wanted to see the Mysore city from hill top of Chamundi Hills . Spoke to my cousin a localite in Mysore who asked me to come down as the city was prepared to extend the festive mood for the weekend. Invited few of close pals to join, but again there were busy for the weekend. So called upon my trusted classmate and a very good friend of mine Vadi. He had to attend a marraige and intially did not agree. After much pestering he was all set and confirmed he would be coming. Stage Set :)):):):):):) when i got to know that finally i am going to Mysore i had big smile on my face . Thanks to Vadi. Vadi agreed to come to my house by 3:00 pm. All set and packed we had planned to stat over night in my aunt's place. We reached Mysore by 5.30 pm and trust me the long ride was so beautyfull with our conversation of good old college days and changing times,people etc. Got frest and spent about half hour in my aunt's place and we decided to go to Chamundi hills and vist the temple first and get to the view point to see the beauty of Mysore city with the glowing lights. We had to wait for a couple of hours to get the darshan and it started to rain quite heavily, i was just praying Oh God not today i have come down all the way to see the stunning view of mysore from the hill top and finally my prayers were answered and the rain came down to a drizzle. Spent some time on the hill top and got a glimpse of city decorated with lights. I only wish that i was their on the first weekend of Dassera as the city did not have that charm when i was around as the festival was over, but again thinking something is better than nothing we decided to move on and visit the palace and exhibition. It was around 9.15 when we got down to the city and by that time the palace lightings were switched off :(... disappointed ) I don't remember if i had seen the palace with the lightings in the childhood days, but this time around i eagerly wanted to see. With the palace lightings turned off , we decided to visit the exhibition. The slight drizzle did not stop us moving from one store to the other. With the hot bajjis accompanying us we had a good time walking around. So having spent over an hour we decided to head home and i was tired by this time with just about 3 hours of sleep the previous night, we decided to call it a day and finished dinner. We planned to got to Balmuri Falls in the morning and headed to sleep.





Oh boy i never thought Balmuri Falls will be an amazing place to remember. It has been ages since i stepped into a water falls and played over. Their is walkover block constructed on the flowing water which allows you to walk to the middle of the flowing water and this is the place where everyone would like to be. You can rest on the block, water splashes and runs past you.

We decided to call it a day and headed back home. Oh... what a day to remember, never thought i could have so much fun in the water. After lunch we left mysore and reached back home at around 4.30. Reached home and had a refreshing Tea. Thanked Vadi for joining me to Mysore.

It was time to take some rest. Will be uploading some photos soon.

No comments: