Sunday, June 19, 2011

Back after a break

Hello People,

Good Evening, Yes its been quite some time since i made a blog post. Had to begin the year 2011 with new phase i was going to get into in my life" My Marriage". It was an arranged marriage, which made me realize how big the importance is of trust and faith when it comes to arranged marriages, i hardly knew my to be wife, my parents knew each other's family pretty well and thus came the proposal, purely based on the character and conduct of my parents. My wife's parents hardly knew me, i don't recall meeting or interacting with them before the marriage proposal, see how the trust come and faith comes into place. Having known my parents for many a years, they decided that i am right guy. I still wonder if i am ;) - I still remember the day when i first spoke to my to be wife ( then) who was straight out of college, enjoying her vacation, trying to all the sleep in the world which she had lost preparing for her final graduation exams and in the middle comes a marriage proposal from her parents who had mentally prepared her by saying we are looking for a suitable guy for you. Now, i don't know if my wife made the right decision to get married very early, but i really think she should have been provided an opportunity to venture out, work and have some independence. I am making sure that she certainly has all of it :) I remember questioning my mother, why are they getting her ( to be wife) married so early, she is just out of college, but you know i never got convincing answers ;)

Well everything said and done, marriage was finalized. Trust me, marriage is an expensive affair, it just cannot get simple. Well you know lot of people say, it's once in a life time, i still question, is it worth spending lakhs of rupees for 2 or 3 days of event full ceremony. All my questions related to finance which was going to spent for marriage were turned away and i never got convincing answers, well it just so happens that by the time you realize the extent of money spent on marriage, you would have got married. Strange are the ways, we go to an extent to make sure others are happy, no matter if we take pain.

I hope marriages get simple in the coming days :)

Take care..

No comments: