Sunday, December 19, 2010

My Little Autograph

Few more days for year 2010 to end. Starting 2011, i would be beginning a new journey, a journey which i prop ably did not want to get it when i was in my early 20s. But things have materialized and i somehow understood the need for having a life partner :) and yes i am thinking it would be an interesting year to look forward to with the arrival of the new person in my life.

It makes me remember my attempt to fall in love with a girl when i was in my high school. Her home was just a block away from my house, it all started when she stared at me on first few occasions when we passed by each other. I don't know to call it a coincidence or something realistic it so used to happen that whenever i went out to buy anything from the nearby shop, i used to see her passing by, days passed, we started at each other. Months passed we still continued to stare at each other when passing by, LOL to simply say i did not have the " Meter" to go and talk to her :) Those were funny days, i remember cycling and paying endless visits to the block where she was put up and in order to make my presence felt and expecting her to come out and stand in the terrace the cycle bell used to come in handy. With all these attempts i still did not have the courage to go and talk to her. Well i don't know if it was a mature love that i had for her, but i certainly doubted and think it was more of immature feelings. Days and Years passed by and one final day another guy proposed her and she fell for him and incidentally that guy became a friend of mine later and guess what i got introduced to her by my friend :) well, thinking of it today i feel it was better off for me not to have approached that girl, because i knew it was a immature feeling i had for her. I was in my high school and couldn't have thought anything about commitment. To my surprise she joined the same same college where i Studied and she was a junior to me, years later she broke up with my friend and i knew it was a immature feeling they had between the two. She got married recently and i don't know it must coincidence, even whenever i pass by the block where she stays i see her :) but with a difference as expected there is no longer the stare that often used to be few years ago :) lol


Realizing the value of someone when they move away from you is seriously a lesson in life. Met a girl in my work life, she was a girl of great character and conduct. We liked to talking to each other and became very good friends, months passed we liked the company of each other. Something happened to me in between and  i don't know if i have to blame myself  i lost touch with her without realizing i would be hurting someone. SMS and Phone calls that were a daily routine dried out. Months passed by many other incidents in life taught me how to value a relationship, i got back in touch with her and we are good friends today. The gap which was generated in my absence proved good for her, cause she found a guy who was mature and more understanding than i was. Thinking about it today, i feel it was better of for me not to have proposed her or accepted her proposal , cause i knew i could not keep up to to the commitment.

Well, some of these incidents in life have taught me some lessons and i can say i am now a person who knows the importance of commitment and to value relationships, be it with a friend, father, mother, brother or colleagues.

No comments: