Saturday, May 3, 2008

The day

School : VVS
Standard: 7th
Event : Selection for the Shuttle Badmitton team to represent the school.

"The day when i walked out like a hero beating the opponent to get selected for the badmitton team"

This has been a memory, i would say some thing that makes me proud. A day when i had to prove myself. I still remember i did not have a racket, nor did anyone offere to buy me one, cause no one knew my potential back home:(.....anways this did not stop from getting one from a friend.

I had leave early that day to be right at time, match was scheduled at 9.00am and was planned to end before 11.15 am as the classes had to start.

Opponent was a strong contender, dont remember his name though, its been many a years. Belive it or not

I lost the first set by 4 - 15 seeing me play, The PT master decided i was not fit enough and was eager to end this match declaring my opponent as the winner. I wonder why??????? . I had to pledge him to allow me to play the second set. It was apprx 10.15 many students and other teachers had gathered. I was right in the middle surronded by close to 300 people watching me play the game, support was entirely to oppenent end as i played very badly in the first set. I was determined won the second set after a long fight 10 -15 :)................"I am back" Stage set for the final set, as we just had about 15 mins for the classes to start again there was a plot laid to set 8 points for the final set. This time i was confident but nervous and sweating. I had the whole crowd behing me, classmates cheering me it was close set that went on for half n hour, yes for 8 points no one s ready to give up....finally i made it won the set by 6 - 8 sign of relief.....As i won the match there was a loud cheer, i walked with almost pride and statisfaction and crowd made way....

Woke up eary in the morning today remembering my past memories,just thought of penning it down...

Good day...

Hmmmmmmm

No comments: